Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Maybe We'll Hit The Finish Line

Yeah, it's Groundhog Day...again. Last minute 4th revision of thrice previously read, cut, edited and mixed 1:10 Continuing Coverage promo. Stuff happens out there that keeps the prime time show changing on the fly. Anytime during the big nighttime show I see Dick Ebersol coming to our end of the hall, I think: "Oh, shit!" Actually whenever I see him I think that. I believe having really important people know who you are is not advisable.
It's the bittersweet period in one's assignment here when you can't wait for it to end, but in a way don't want it to. Patty Hearst time. The smell of fear has given way to cautious optimism. Hey, we haven't screwed up big time for 14 days of The Games ...only 4 broadcast days left. And we were the top 9 shows of the week in the ratings, so maybe GE will only lose 100 million or so on this. I pray so.
Yours in L. Ron Hubbard,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment